I’m not going to play humble here, I am the surpreme lord of the smoothie bowl, and in recent times, the main questions I get asked on all my social media are always regarding my recipes. Spefically, most of you want to know how I get the right texture.
For those of you who havn’t, you can watch my new smoothie bowl tutorial video here.
- 2 cups frozen fruit
- 2 cups raw greens (spinach or kale)
- 1 cup of unsweetend almond or cashew milk
- 2 servings of protien powder
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup of oats or organic granola
- 28g of organic vegan trail mix or nuts/dried fruit blend
- (Optional) 2tbsp natural peanut butter
Step 1: The Base
Every good smoothie bowl needs a solid foundation of frozen fruits and greens. My go to combination here is a mixed berry blend with spinach.
- blend 2 cups of berries with two cups of greens and 1 cup of nut milk.
Step 2: Protein and Spices
Once you’ve blended the initial base, you’re going to add all the powders.
- mix in 2 servings of protein with the cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, flax and another banana.
At this point you may need to add a little bit more liquid just to get the blender going again, and remember, you can always add more, but you can take any out.
The key to a good consistancy here is to make sure it’s not too runny.
Step 3: Build Your Bowl
Here’s where the fun begins. This is really your time to shine.
Once you’ve poured your smoothie into the bowl, its time to add some toppings.
My go to toppings are usually: oats, granola, dried fruit/nuts, peanut butter and banana.
Step 4: Don’t forget to take a photo
Perhaps the most important step in this whole process is making sure it looks aesthetically pleasing for a good instagram. Whats the point of going through all this effort if your friends aren’t questioning their own dietary habits.